Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Christmas Gifts....What Knitting is All About.

I'm working on knitted Christmas gifts for my parents and in-laws. While the Lions Brand Prayer Shawls http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/60085A.html?noImages=  for my mother and mother-in-law are progressing nicely, the Vintage Man's Knitted Scarf http://www.sweatergirlknit.com/uploads/2/4/8/9/2489734/4202.pdf for my father has proved extremely tedious. I'm 3 months in and I'm just a little over 1/3 of the way done. The dimensions seem easy enough, 11" by 45", but given the fact that I am using size 2 knitting needles and had to cast on 80 stitches while working in an alternating 5 row K5, P5 pattern, the endeavor is taking a very long time. Each 5 row pattern is 1/2 an inch so I must complete 10 rows per inch. I know I shouldn't worry because Christmas is still over 3 months away, but I worry that I will not be finished in time. I love knitting and the more projects I complete, the happier I am, but this current set of projects has me a bit stressed. I know, just finish them one at a time and stop worrying about it. Easier said than done. Much easier said than done.Breathe in. Breathe out. There, that's better.

~Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment