Sunday, October 4, 2009

A Little Purple Flower and An Elvis Mug....Sunday Morning at its Best.

This morning began simply enough. A bowl of oatmeal and a cup of coffee gave me the energy I needed to start my day. Then my children woke up and reminded me of why I give each day my best effort. The middle and youngest child went outside to pick up our Sunday newspaper and my princess came into the house carrying a purple flower that she picked for me on her journey to the end of the driveway. Though small, its simple beauty made me smile and realize that no matter how small, the gifts of the world demand our devotion.

I am drinking my coffee from one of my two favorite mugs and as I look upon the pictures of Elvis depicted on the mug, I remember how important music is to my life. Music is one of the many things that connect us to one another and no matter your lot in life, you can always relate to your fellow man through the magic of music. The complexities of life can often be overwhelming, but when one meditates on life's simple things, the complexities can become less complex and life can become much easier. Everyday is a challenge and if I can untangle the arduous obstacles everyday, then I can be victorious.

~Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment