Friday, May 21, 2010

A Big Chlorine Toilet. A Day at Schiltterbahn.

Today I went to Schiltterbahn on South Padre Island with my oldest child, Jacob. I'm really not one for water parks but he wanted me to go so I came with him and his fellow 6th graders. I drove to the park dressed in my new blue bikini, white tank top (which I kept on the entire time), green shorts and flip flops. There were so many children and they were all so excited. Me, on the other hand, Germophobe that I am was really looking forward to the end of the day. Jacob and I tubed on the park's river and played on a few rides. By 11:00 I was ready to leave but settled for the Lunchables that Jacob and I had for lunch. Time ticked by ever so slowly but I got in the pool while Jacob took several trips down the big waterslide. I broke my shoes in the water and my sunglasses were blurry from the constant spray of water but I was enjoying myself. Until, I saw a mother send her daughter into the very pool I was in to pee. Thankfully I was had already been out a few minutes but the thought of the waterpark being a giant toilet bowl made me head to my locker and change into my regular clothes. I have vowed to never go back to Schiltterbahn, but I am so blessed to have spent the day with my oldest child and I"m glad that he and his classmates had a blast.

~Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment