Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving. Tons to be Thankful for Indeed.

Today, my family gathered together to celebrate Thanksgiving. While the gathering was small (only 6 of us), we had wonderful fellowship and a great meal. Jason cooked turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, and rolls. I contributed pecan and pumpkin pies and Mom brought a ham. Everything was perfect!

I have so many things to be thankful for this year. First of all, I have a wonderful husband and 3 beautiful children. My family keeps me going. Everyday, they are the reason I get out of bed and without them, my life would be pointless and void. I am also thankful that I can see my Father tomorrow. I haven't seen him in 2 years and I have missed him dearly. Finally, my Uncle Donald was released from the hospital yesterday following a heart attack earlier this week that he was not expected to survive. Thanks to his extraordinary will to live and our prayers, he is recovering nicely. Hopefully, he will be able to visit with us this weekend.

Tomorrow morning, Jason and I are going to shop during Black Friday and then will load the kids in the car and travel to our hometown to see his parents, my dad, uncles and cousins. I am so excited!!

As I said, I have tons to be thankful for and I am counting every blessing today.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

~Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment